Our Performance Programme is taking a pause after Emergency 22; in the meantime…
• Visit our YouTube channel to watch archived livestreams and more — including Helena Ascough’s short film from Works Ahead 2022;
• Find other work to watch by reading the latest Weekly Warning: our signpost to performance live and online in Manchester + beyond;
• Have a look at HOME SCREEN, Lowry Digital, Sadler’s Wells Digital Stage, Unity Online.
back to top
Where we can, hÅb continues to advise and support artists and freelancers in our sector, signposting help and opportunities below.
• After a 6-year hiatus Manchester’s open call dance platform Turn is back at Contact in March 2023 for a tenth edition — North West dancers and dance-makers (aged 18+) are now invited to submit proposals of short pieces of work, works-in-progress, or extracts of longer works for inclusion in Turn 2023.
• To participate in a future online Domestic, please see our rolling open call for proposals — whilst we know there is currently little appetite for artists to show their work online from home, please feel free to suggest something as we’ll put together our sixth online event when we’ve got the right content.
back to top
GM Artist Hub is a joint artist development project to support independent artists and freelance creatives across our city region…
• Discuss your creative ideas, or get some advice, or simply stay connected in a FREE, private, 30-minute Advisory Session via Zoom or phone call
→ book here to meet a GMAH producer on a Monday or Wednesday; rota includes our Director, Tamsin; please check here.
• Watch a recording of April’s in-depth look at Arts Council England’s NLPG with Tamsin & guests on YouTube; see guidance page.
• Watch a recording of August’s in-depth look at Arts Council England’s DYCP with Tamsin & guests on YouTube; see guidance page.
hÅb/Word of Warning are GMAH partners alongside: Community Arts Northwest, Contact, Factory International, FutureEverything, HOME, Octagon Theatre Bolton, Oldham Coliseum Theatre, Royal Exchange Theatre, SICK! Festival, Sustained Theatre Up North, The Lowry, Waterside Arts & Creative Industries Trafford, Z-arts.
back to top
• Arts Council England’s Developing Your Creative Practice Round 15 is now closed; R15 decisions announced and R16 opens on 12 December.
• Arts Council England’s National Lottery Project Grants are available (with updated guidance since Nov 2021).
• Arts Marketing Association’s Coronavirus Support Facebook Group — for all arts, culture + heritage professionals who work to engage audiences.
• Arts Professional’s CovidCulture microsite — news + info plus resources, ideas + virtual events that could help you through the days ahead.
• Freelancers Make Theatre Work has comprehensive guides to financial support, advice + resources.
• Greater Manchester Combined Authority’s mental health services for people affected by social restrictions.
• Manchester International Festival’s Drop-in for Artists + Freelance Creatives facebook group.
• Money Saving Expert — Martin Lewis & his team’s information is regularly updated.
• The Space’s guide to live streaming for the arts by Jason Crouch — lo-fi and low cost options.
• UK Theatre + SOLT’s Theatre Support Information — advice/info about how + where you can access support from leading theatrical charities.
• Unlimited’s blog includes opportunities and resources for disabled artists + freelancers.
back to top