Responding to these uncertain times, we’re yet to announce our upcoming Performance Programme — visit our YouTube channel to re-watch previous livestreamed events, and read our recent interview with Circles & Stalls.
Find other things to see online in our latest Weekly Warning signpost to performance — also have a look at: HOME’s Homescreen; the Live Stream Archive; MIF Live + On Demand; Unity Online.
back to top
Where we can, hÅb continues to advise and support artists + freelancers in our sector, signposting help and opportunities below.
• To participate in a future online Domestic, please see our rolling open call for proposals — whilst we sense that artist’s appetite for showing their work online from home is currently waning, please feel free to suggest something as we’ll put together our sixth online event when we’ve got the right content.
back to top
Greater Manchester Artist Hub is a joint artist development project to support independent artists + freelance creatives across our city region.
• Talk through creative ideas, get some advice, or simply develop your network in a 30-minute Advisory Session — sign-up here for a free Zoom chat with one of GMAH’s producers.
hÅb/Word of Warning are GMAH partners alongside: Community Arts Northwest, Contact, HOME, Manchester International Festival, Octagon Theatre Bolton, Oldham Coliseum Theatre, Royal Exchange Theatre, SICK! Festival, Sustained Theatre Up North, The Lowry, Waterside Arts & Creative Industries Trafford, Wigan Old Courts, Z-arts.
back to top
• Arts Council England’s Covid-19 support page includes advice/guidance on funds that government + other organisations have put in place, and other support.
• Arts Council England’s Developing Your Creative Practice Round 13 is open 22 Feb to 15 March 2022.
• Arts Council England’s National Lottery Project Grants are available again, with updated guidance.
• Arts Marketing Association (AMA)’s resources page — to support arts, culture + heritage professionals, organisations + freelancers.
• AMA also have a Coronavirus Support Facebook Group — for all arts, culture + heritage professionals who work to engage audiences.
• Arts Professional have a CovidCulture microsite — news + info plus resources, ideas + virtual events that could help you through the days ahead.
• Arts Professional’s guide to running online-only events.
• Art with Heart are offering a seed-funding opportunity to working class, emerging creatives in Greater Manchester — up to £500 per application to develop an idea along with some mentoring support and help in signing up to Islington Mill’s free business support programme.
• Exeunt Magazine’s Covid-19 Resources for UK Theatre page — an evolving collection of advice, resources + opportunities for our community.
• Freelancers Make Theatre Work has comprehensive guides to financial support, advice + resources.
• Greater Manchester Combined Authority’s new mental health services for people affected by social restrictions.
• Greater Mcr Combined Authority’s Culture team announce opportunities to help artists, freelancers + organisations at @GM_Culture.
• IPSE (Association of Independent Professionals + the Self Employed)’s Coronavirus page — what they’re doing + advice for freelancers + the self-employed.
• Live Art Development Agency (LADA)’s Covid-19 support + resources page — aims to gather information to support affected artists + arts workers.
• Live Art Development Agency’s Opportunities page.
• Live Stream Archive + Live Streaming Arts Facebook group — expertise, information + advice on how to share live performance with, and connect to, audiences online.
• Live Stream Archive — you can also share a recording of a performance to add to their temporary digital archive.
• Manchester’s Cultural Hardship Fund for Freelancers from the Savannah Wisdom Foundation working with HOME + Mcr City Council.
• Manchester International Festival’s Resources For Artists + Freelancers page.
• MIF’s Zoom drop-in for artists + freelance creatives — you can also join their facebook group.
• Money Saving Expert — Martin Lewis & his team have lots of useful information (regular updates).
• Paul Lewis Money’s blog on the coronavirus Self-employment Income Scheme (regular updates).
• Shape Arts’ twitter thread with resources for people working in the arts.
• Supercool’s blog on quick routes to live-streaming.
• The Centre for the Study of Media + Culture in Small Nations blog on making social-distancing live theatre + performance during the COVID-19 lockdown.
• The Space’s guide to live streaming for the arts by Jason Crouch — lo-fi and low cost options.
• The Theatre Artists Fund is for theatre professionals who are in need of urgent + critical financial support (latest round closed 13 Jan).
• UK Theatre + SOLT’s Theatre Support Information — advice/info about how + where you can access support from leading theatrical charities.
• Unlimited’s list of resources + information for disabled freelancers + artists also includes an opportunities section).
• Unlimited’s contingencies for COVID-19 page — info for supporting disabled artists + freelancers.
• Working Class Artist Group’s Opportunities Thread at @WCArtistGroup — funds + bursaries accepting applications (started 30 April, some deadlines may have passed).
back to top