→ things to watch · helping artists, gm artist hub, artist support · Updated 23 Mar 2023
This year’s Performance Programme continues with Avital Raz at The Lowry on Wed 3 May, followed by three new works from Christian Asare, Jade Williams, Kellie Colbert at Contact on 18/19 May; in the meantime…
• Visit our YouTube channel to watch archived livestreams and more — including Helena Ascough’s short film from Works Ahead 2022;
• Find other work to watch by reading the latest Weekly Warning: our signpost to performance live and online in Manchester + beyond;
• Have a look at HOME SCREEN, Lowry Digital, Sadler’s Wells Digital Stage, Unity Online.
back to top
Where we can, hÅb continues to advise and support artists and freelancers in our sector, signposting help and opportunities below.
back to top
GM Artist Hub is a joint artist development project to support independent artists and freelance creatives across our city region…
• Discuss your creative ideas, or get some advice, or simply stay connected in a free, private, 30-minute Advisory Session via Zoom or phone call
→ book here to meet a GM Artist Hub producer and please check the rota if you’d like to see our Director, Tamsin.
• Join these upcoming Group Sessions (free to attend): book now for Considering Access in Your Work on 29 March, and save the date for Considering the Environment in Your Work on 26 April.
• Watch a recording of last April’s in-depth look at Arts Council England’s NLPG with Tamsin & guests on YouTube; see our NLPG guidance page.
• Watch a recording of last August’s in-depth look at Arts Council England’s DYCP with Tamsin & guests on YouTube; see our DYCP guidance page.
GM Artist Hub partners: Community Arts Northwest, Contact, Factory International, FutureEverything, hÅb + Word of Warning, HOME, Octagon Theatre Bolton, Oldham Coliseum Theatre, Royal Exchange Theatre, SICK! Festival, Sustained Theatre Up North, The Lowry, The Old Courts, Waterside Arts & Creative Industries Trafford, Z-arts.
back to top
• Arts Council England’s Developing Your Creative Practice Round 17 opens 28 March.
• Arts Council England’s National Lottery Project Grants are available (with updated guidance since Nov 2021).
• Arts Council England host information webinars for DYCP & NLPG applicants every month — find dates & book on the ACE North eventbrite page.
• Arts Marketing Association’s Coronavirus Support Facebook Group — for all arts, culture + heritage professionals who work to engage audiences.
• Arts Professional’s CovidCulture microsite — news + info plus resources, ideas + virtual events that could help you through the days ahead.
• Factory International’s Artists & Freelance Creatives’ facebook group facebook group.
• Freelancers Make Theatre Work has comprehensive guides to financial support, advice + resources.
• Greater Manchester Combined Authority’s mental health services for people affected by social restrictions.
• Money Saving Expert — Martin Lewis & his team’s information is regularly updated.
• The Space’s guide to live streaming for the arts by Jason Crouch — lo-fi and low cost options.
• UK Theatre + SOLT’s Theatre Support Information — advice/info about how + where you can access support from leading theatrical charities.
• Unlimited’s blog includes opportunities and resources for disabled artists + freelancers.
back to top